- 1/14/24 10:30am Service honoring the Rev Martin Luther King Jr planned by the Racial Justice Team
6pm Prayer Vigil at Woodson African American Museum
- 1/15/24 11 am – 1:00 pm: 2024 MLK Dream BIG Parade. Parade route is 1.5 miles. We have a float this year so there is room for six riders. Please rsvp to Karen Coale if you plan to participate in the parade. Indicate whether you will be marching or riding on the float. This is a family friendly event — wagons and strollers are welcome.
- 1/16/24 5pm — 7pm: The National Day of Racial Healing at the Great Hall at Stetson University College of Law. Program centers around experiences rooted in truth-telling. This celebration offers people, organizations and communities a day set aside for racial healing, bringing people together to take collective action for a more just and equitable world.
- 1/17/24 6:00 pm Unitarian Universalist Church 100 Mirror Lake Dr N, Ramp Door: Potluck dinner and film. The Florida Project is a 2017 American film which is a story of a six-year-old girl who lives with her unemployed single mother in a budget motel in Kissimmee Florida and their struggle to make ends meet and stave off homelessness. See trailer. Rsvp to Reggie Craig
Discussion to follow after with representatives of Resurrection House a transitional housing and self-sufficiency program for families with minor children who are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
- 1/24/24 6:00 pm Potluck dinner and viewing of Just Mercy, a 2019 biographical legal drama about Bryan Stevenson. As a recent Harvard law school graduate he heads to Alabama to defend those wrongly condemned or those not afforded proper representation. Mr Stevenson has since founded and is the Executive Director of the Equal Justice Initiative based in Montgomery Alabama.