This Sunday: The Vulnerability of Liberal Religion: Painting a Target on Our Front Door
As UU St. Pete wraps up our pledge campaign, we reflect on the bravery it takes to publicly support an institution like our church in a state that continues to criminalize those on the margins. Today is also New Member Sunday; UUSP will … read more.
- Bring a Friend to Church Sunday – Starting March 19!We encourage you to invite a friend or neighbor to our Sunday Services, starting Sunday, March 19, and every 3rd Sunday monthly. You might like to personally share why you value coming to UU St Pete. It could be that it’s our liberal UU faith where no one is forced to follow a prescribed set of beliefs. Or, it could be one of Ben’s memorable Sunday messages. For parents of children, you might like to invite your child’s friend and their parents for a Sunday play date at UU St Pete, so they can experience the love and acceptance we share firsthand.
- TIME TO TAKE ACTION FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING & CLEAN WATER!This is the once-a-year action when 40 churches join together to promote the COMMON GOOD. UU ST PETE Will be there. MONDAY, MARCH 27 AT INDIAN ROCKS BAPTIST CHURCH Where: 12865 Ullmerton Road in Largo Time: 7-9 PM Travel Info: We have a bus leaving from our church at 5:45 pm (Riders will need to relay names to Ellen.Hays@gmail.com to reserve seating.) The bus should return to UU St. Pete Church at about 9:30 pm.
- Let’s Talk – UUA Article II Study Commission RecommendationsIn June 2020, the UUA Board established a commission to study Article II of the UUA Bylaws, and propose revisions to enable congregations, the UUA, and related communities to be relevant and powerful forces for spiritual and moral growth, healing, and justice. With considerable engagement across the denomination, the commission completed their task in January 2023 with a revised Article II. In June 2023, the UU General Assembly will hold an initial vote on the revisions, and the final vote on Article II will occur in 2024. UU St. Pete representatives to the UU General Assembly will need direction from the congregation on how to vote this coming June. The proposed revisions of Article II incorporate much of the work that accompanied the development of the 8th Principle. Individual congregations continue to adopt and follow the 8th Principle while at the same time considering Article II revisions. To start the process of learning ...
"Our mission is to be an inclusive, evolving religious community that inspires spiritual and intellectual growth to make our world a better place.
We bring our mission to life through our wide range of shared ministries — social justice, religious education, pastoral care, and many more."
Visting? There are many ways to reach us:
100 Mirror Lake Drive. North St. Petersburg, FL 33701 (727) 898-3294
- Rev. Ben Atherton-Zeman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Office Administrator: email@example.com
- Director of Religious Education & Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org