Regarding Opening up our Sanctuary
Temporary Policy for All UUSP In-Person Gatherings (indoor or outdoor) on Church Property
Approved by the UUSP Board of Trustees May 28, 2021
- All people over the age of 12 who are fully vaccinated may attend without masks or social distancing, though masks are encouraged at any gathering of more than 10 people.
- All people over the age of 12 who are not vaccinated are respectfully asked to wear masks and practice social distancing.
- All children 12 and under must wear masks and practice social distancing.
- This policy relies on the “honor system” – everyone is asked to honor our church and one another by following the policy honestly.
- This policy will be posted at and included in announcements of all UUSP gatherings.
- On-line offerings of worship services and other events will continue, allowing those who feel in-person gatherings are not safe for them to attend and participate.
- All gatherings of more than 10 people on church property must be approved in advance by the Board. In approving any event, the Board will consider this policy as well as facts pertaining to the specific event.
- Inside meetings are allowed only as long as the recommended metrics* for re-openings in Pinellas County remain acceptable.
*Metrics as of May 25th:
1) % of COVID tests positive, 7-day average = 2.4% (Recommended level for reopening is less than or equal to 3%.)
2) % of ICU hospital beds occupied by COVID patients = 9.41% (Recommended level for reopening is less than or equal to 50%.)